Customers who shop at Argos can apply for an Argos card. Once they’ve been approved, they can use their card to pay for items in instalments without being charged any interest, which is a form of a Buy Now Pay Later service. Of course, if a payment is missed, interest will start to accrue, and it will impact your credit score negatively.
Apply for an Argos Card
There are two ways to apply for a card with Argos:
- Apply now before making any purchases
- Apply at checkout – If you’re not 100% sure that you will be purchasing with Argos, you can apply only once you’ve filled up your basket on Argos.co.uk.
Argos card eligibility
To apply for an Argos Card, you must:
- Be over 18 years old;
- Have a UK bank account;
- Have lived in the United Kingdom for at least 1 year;
- Be able to list all addresses you’ve lived at for the past 2 years.
Can you get an Argos card with bad credit?
When you apply for a card with Argos, you will be credit checked. Usually, you will not be approved if you have bad credit. If Argos declines you, we suggest you try to improve your credit score before applying again. This means:
- Making sure you are registered to vote;
- Pay any overdue accounts on your credit report;
- Make more than minimum payments on any credit cards you hold.
Argos Buy Now Pay Later
Argos is one of the UK’s most popular shops that offer a Buy Now Pay Later service directly. Moreover, they offer amazing interest-free plans to pay for expensive items, such as:
- Home appliances, such as washing machines
- Media equipment, such as laptops
Whereas buying an expensive purchase like this would typically put a big dent in your savings or require you to use a credit card, Argos lets you pay for the item in instalments without paying any extra than if you had paid for the item in total!
Of course, missing a payment on your Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) plan can make this form of online shopping expensive. As such, we only recommend that you pay for items in instalments if you are sure you can afford it.